Thursday, November 1, 2012

1 year down, 29 to go...

We have officially been in our house for a year now! I made it a goal to be in our house for Halloween last year so I could pass out candy to the kids. However, I was on bed rest and we didn't realize that our doorbell didn't work, having just moved in, so we had maybe two kids (that knocked) the whole night. This year was different though, no boxes, a working doorbell, and a little firefighter crawling around the house. I feel so blessed to be in our home. I still have more that I want to do to the house, but I've been told that you're never done. There's always something you want to do.

Halloween weekend was a lot of fun. We went to our ward's Trunk or Treat on Friday and then to my parents on Saturday. Carter knows how to sign, "Please" so he would do that at each car to get a piece of candy. It was so cute. We got to the end and were talking to a guy in my parents ward and Carter started signing, "please." We explained what he was doing and told him he better give him some candy. :)


Keith's sister Michele is coming into town tonight so we are going to do a pre-birthday celebration for Carter on Saturday. I've been having a lot of fun getting everything ready. We took him to Toys 'R Us the other day to get his birthday presents and as soon as we went down the car isle, Carter started signing please. Yeah, it's safe to say that he loves his cars. I'll try and take lots and pictures and update after this weekend. I can't believe he's turning one. I'll probably cry my eyes out on his actual birthday. I walked pass the baby clothes section at Walmart the other day and they had a onesie that said baby's first Thanksgiving and I thought, "Oh how cute." and then I almost cried when I realized that it won't be Carter's first Thanksgiving. It all just goes too fast. But I am extremely grateful for an amazing year, an amazing home, and an amazing family.


No comments:

Post a Comment