Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's goin...goin...goin...GONE!

The past few months have been pretty eventful. Keith and I have been trying to get everything ready for the baby, getting ready to move, and of course...cheering on the Arizona Diamondbacks. Keith and I have been fans for a long time, and that's one of the things that sparked for us when we were dating. We both had a love for the game. On our first date we drove all the way out to Tucson just to watch a spring training game. We've been lucky to go to quite a few games while we've been together too. We knew we wanted to go to one of the last games of the season and we knew that the Giants/Dbacks game would be a good game, so we purchased our tickets early on. Well lucky for us, that was a huge game! Now, those of you who watched that game or heard about it, think they clinched the NL West Title by the game winning hit by Goldschmidt, but let me tell you what really happened. All game long, me and Keith were lucky enough to sit in front of a "know it all" fan. He had to make a comment about everything, good or bad. Well, we head into the bottom of the 8th inning and the game is tied 1-1. Ryan Roberts is sitting on second with two outs and Paul Goldschmidt heads up to the plate. Every single person in the stadium is on their feet and cheering like crazy. All of a sudden I realize that something isn't right... Mr. Know It All hasn't said a word in the past few minutes (and trust me, this is a moment he should be rambling on). So I turn around real slowly to see him, the only fan in the stadium, sitting in his chair, arms folded and...yep, you got it, he's praying. I start laughing and just as I turn around, I see the game winning triple fly off Goldie's bat. That's right...his prayer was answered. Goldie pulled through and the Diamondbacks were headed to the Playoffs! 



Well we went home that night and Keith is already looking at playoff tickets. We got a smoking deal with buying them that early on. However, Keith insisted that he wanted to go to game four of the series. I reminded him that he was taking a big risk by purchasing those tickets because there's always a chance that the game won't go past 3 games. He knew the risk and we bought them. Game 1 and 2 were devastating to watch, and we knew they had to pull through game 3, and I'm sure that fan was praying for Goldie again because with the help of his grand slam, we were off to game 4. It was an awesome experience. They won that game with lots of cheering from Keith, Brooke, and baby. :)


Now that the Diamondbacks are done for the season, life can get back to normal. Just 7 weeks left until the baby comes and we still have a lot to do! We should hopefully be getting the keys to our new house next week and the moving can begin. We're so excited for this new and exciting journey together.

2 comments:

  1. Haha love it! That's so cool that you guys have something like that to share together. So excited for you! Where are you moving? Also, we need some
    more baby pictures!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Brooke!! I loved this post, especially since I have not been following baseball like I once did when I spent my summers with you. I'm glad you have a boy who can appreciate it with you :) And your baby is gonna LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete