Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Poopy Day..

So yesterday was what I would like to call a poopy day! I woke up and the day was going just as it normally does. Around lunch time, Carter woke up from his nap. I went and picked him up and we started playing for a little bit. Then I heard him poop... So I decided to wait a few minutes because sometimes he's not finished. So I finally pick him up and carry him to the changing table. But to my surprise, there was poop everywhere! Poop all over his clothes, poop on two blankets, poop on him, poop on my hand, poop all over the changing table. It was a disaster. Carter's screaming on the changing table, and I was considering doing the same. So after about 20 minutes, I finally got it all cleaned up. I made him a bottle, fed him, burped him, and then we started playing again. And then just guess what happened... He pooped again! So this time I wasn't taking any chances, I pick him up by the armpits and carry him to the changing table to make sure everything is still in there. I clean it all up and am putting the new diaper on when.... Yep, more poop comes shooting out the bum. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry at this point. I look down at Carter and he's just laughing. Boys!
Well here's a couple of pictures of our adventures lately!

Carter has been loving bath time lately! I let him stay in for a few extra minutes to play the other day and he just kicked his legs, splashing the water. 


He's figured out how to make farting noises with his mouth. It's pretty funny. He kind of makes bubbles when he does it, so there's a picture with all his spit bubbles from making farting noises.... I'm doomed with a boy. 


He amazes me sometimes. He's getting so strong and I just have to hold him for balance. So the other day I was practicing having him sit up. He can do it for a few seconds and then he falls over. But I managed to capture the picture of him doing it. :)


I decided this month to start making birthday cards for my family. Today is Dis's birthday, so we took this picture and made a card from him. It turned out pretty cute! :)


Desiree and Easton have been helping me keep sane by going to the park with us every once in a while. It's nice to just get out of the house. I don't know if he enjoys it a whole lot yet, but he will one day. Here's a picture of us on the swings!


After me and Keith went to dinner one night, we stopped by Target to get some stuff for Carter (see what date night turns into after you have a baby), and Keith saw this bouncer for babies. He wanted to get it so bad for Carter. We knew he would love it, but it was like $100, so I said NO WAY! He kept bugging me about it and I kept saying no. He's been wanting to have a garage sale so I told him that if he could make enough money, we could go get it. So he starts looking through all of our stuff, trying to find stuff he could sell.  He opened a box that we hadn't unpacked yet and to our surprise, it was the jackpot. Apparently we still had a gift card to Target, a prepaid Visa card, and a 20 dollar bill from our wedding. So since he managed to make enough money in his garage sell (without even having one) we went and got it for Carter. I think we paid 6 cents for the thing. Not bad! :) He wasn't a huge fan of it because he's a little young and can't quite reach the stuff on it yet, but the other day, Keith came home from work and we were watching him play. He managed to get his hands over there and started grabbing things. It has a little piano on it, that when you press a button, it starts playing music. He managed to do that and we were so proud! The next day, I put him in there while I was eating breakfast and I heard music playing, so I knew he hit the button. It made me so happy. But then I kept hearing music going off over and over and over again. It was only cute for about 1 day and now it drives me crazy. But I know it's a huge learning toy. I'm so proud of him! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh sick, that is quite the nasty poo story...I guess I can hold off on having a baby for a while. haha I love all the Carter pictures! Do you love your bumbo? I was totally gonna get you one cuz they're THE BOMB! :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's cute! And we're here to keep each other sane because we both know how much trouble we are going to be in with both these boys! They've got disaster written all over them!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the cute part is about the bouncer toy... not the poop (Been there done that, still doing that!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! I am in love with every part of this post! So hilarious! I had a poo explosion about a year ago with the baby I nanny for. So disgusting. I love little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a boy thing because Rylee is 9 months old and nothing like that has ever happened to me. Just a little advice, make sure you get lots of tummy time too. My research says 2 hours of tummy time for every hour they are in the jumper or sitting in the bumbo. Just something to think about. I wish I had lived by this. I'm working on tummy time now and its terrible. "they" say tummy times is the start for fine motor skills not just for their back and tummy muscles.

    ReplyDelete