Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Summer Begins!

This past month has been a little bit crazy! I think every day of May has something written on it in the Calendar. I'm exhausted but I love staying busy.

I took my parents to the airport at the end of April to go to Japan and a few days later, Emmet was born. We drove out to the hospital to see him that night. He is so cute. I tried convincing Ashley to just let me take him home, but apparently she wanted to keep him. ;)


I drove out the next day to pick up Cooper and Hudson and take them home with me for the weekend. We had a blast! We went swimming and played at the park and played the Avengers! Those boys kept Carter so entertained.


All 3 boys crashed out on the way home from swimming. :)


Watching a movie Saturday morning. Carter thinks he's such a big boy!

Then it was Mother's Day! My parents got back from Japan a few days before Mother's Day but we decided to celebrate with them the Monday after. We went over to Jared and Kristen's house for Alyssa's birthday on Saturday and then again on Sunday for Mother's Day. It was nice to spend a lot of time with them over the weekend. My boys took good care of me on Mother's Day too. I woke up with smiling faces from both of them and breakfast in bed. I was pretty impressed. :) On Monday, we went over to my parents house to celebrate. Thanks to my sisters, we got a pretty awesome gift for my mom. :)


We still need Brayden's hand print but we'll get it when he's here in a couple of weeks! :)

Then Thursday, we were off to San Diego for Lincoln's baby blessing. Carter did so good and we had a lot of fun! It was fun to see all of the Monroe girls together. It made me miss all of my sisters! We took Carter to the beach for the first time and he loved it!


Now it's Erica's wedding on Friday and we're celebrating Keith's birthday on Saturday! We are keeping very busy but loving the opportunity to spend so much time with family and friends. :)






5 comments:

  1. Your plaque turned out great!! Who gave you that awesome idea?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet family. I love the smiles on your faces. Love this post. Busy is good. I think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post. LOVE the name Emmet :). You're sucha good auntie, mommy, wife and friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you guys could come out! our craziness is dying down for a while...finally

    ReplyDelete