Saturday, June 2, 2012

Personality!

Everyone has told me from the start that 6 months is their favorite age for a baby. I never believed them because I was so convinced that the newborn stage was the best. (I know, I'm weird), even though he was up every couple of hours, he would just lay in my arms so peacefully and sleep. I loved that! Well anyway, I think I'm starting to see what everyone else was talking about.

I've been so lucky to be able to be around the Conrad family a lot lately. Me and Ash will just switch babies for a little bit and I'll get to hold baby Emmet in my arms! (My favorite!) Well anywho, I had to change Emmet's diaper and clothes the other day and I seriously thought I was going to break him. It's crazy how so much changes in 5 months! I don't know how to change a newborn anymore! I should videotape my adventures of trying to change Carter's diaper these days. I tell Keith that it's an obstacle course. I have to roll him back over, make it through the kicking scissor legs, try and find the new diaper, which Carter seems to always have. And just as I grab the diaper....It starts all over. I have to roll him back over and make it through the scissor legs. I'm just grateful he's not crawling yet... :)

He really has developed quite the personality. This kid could keep you entertained for hours. The only bad thing is I think he takes after his father.... Can you say trouble maker? I'll share some stories so you can see what I'm talking about!

#1-  One day when I was exhausted, Keith let me lay down and he took care of Carter for a while. I woke up to banging noises so I went and checked it out. He had Carter sitting in his bumbo and banging my pots and pans with different kitchen utensils. I thought it was pretty cute and harmless so I let Carter do it while I made dinner one night. Epic fail! He broke two of my mixing bowls. These weren't even glass, they were plastic! Yeah... no more pots and pans and wooden spoons for Carter!


#2- This one isn't bad but it shows his personality. When we were packing to go to San Diego, I found these cute baby sunglasses. I figured he'd pull them off right away but they were $5 and I couldn't resist. Surprisingly, the kid LOVES them. He thinks he is such a cool kid. I love it!


#3- Carter rolls SO much! He likes to be on his stomach so I can never keep him on his back. The other day, I had him in his infant bathtub, which he's pretty much out grown, and I don't know how but he managed to roll over in it. I saw him trying and I thought, "He'll never be able to do it.." But sure enough, he did! Crazy boy!


#4- When Carter is being fussy, the one thing that never fails is water. The kid is seriously a fish. I usually will just put a little water in the sink and just let him kick his feet. He's now discovered how to turn the water on and off. He thinks he's so funny too. It's a good thing he can't climb up there. :)


#5- Carter can sit up all by himself now, which is actually really nice! I'll sit him on his bum and put toys down for him to play with. It's turned out to be hazardous though. I'm pretty sure I've almost gotten a fat lip a time or two!

I love this kid so much! Every day is definitely an adventure. I'm so grateful that I get to be his mom. 

I have one last picture I want to share. This poor guy has been trying to get his first tooth and I've gotten a lot of suggestions of different solutions to help ease the pain. However, the one thing he loves, no one suggested. He was playing in his bath tub one day and just gnawing on his rubber ducky. If you know Carter, you know he absolutely hates the binky, but the rubber ducky, not so much. I just take that thing every where and pop it in his mouth when he gets fussy. Works like a charm. :)






1 comment:

  1. Ok, the ducky thing is just hilarious! What an awesome little boy. I lovvvvee reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete