Wednesday, August 1, 2012

3 babies, 3 McDowell sisters, 2 crazy boys, and a Keith

These past two months have been absolutely crazy! Breezer and Brayden got here a little over a month ago and we have loved being able to play together. Carter and Brayden actually get along really well even though Carter feels the need to claw his eyeballs out.

Lindsay and Dis weren't going to be able to make it down while Bre was here so we decided, What the heck? Let's just take a road trip up there with everyone so all the sisters can be together. I'm still trying to decide if this was a good idea or not. We had Ash, Bre, Brayden, Cooper, Hudson, and Emmet in Ash's van and then Keith, Carter, and I in our car. I think a road trip with one baby is hard enough but the combination of 3 was a little hard. They were all troopers though and we did make it in one piece. It was a lot of fun to be able to have all of our family together. Saturday was our only full day with everyone since my parents were leaving Sunday so we took pictures of all of the boys and came back and played games with everyone. Monday I got to go see Emily and Sam and Liz and Brandt and have a little game night with them. Those are always so much fun. I wish they just lived here! Tuesday was Pioneer Day and a little crazy! We went to Liberty Park first and hung out there for a while. Then we went to Heritage Park and saw the "This is the Place" monument. That was really cool. Then we headed to Salt Lake. I love that temple so much for some reason and it was really neat to be able to take a family picture in front of it.




The trip was a lot of fun. I just can't say that it was the most relaxing vacation I've ever had. :)


Well here's the Carter update. This kid is a handful! He started crawling and is into just about everything. He's so much fun and just about as happy as can be with this new freedom. I, on the other hand, just want a nap. :) The past few days, I have been his playground. He crawls over me, under me, around me, through me. It cracks me up but sometimes my head gets body slammed in the process and that's not too much fun. I just love that little boy so much. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. People have already been talking to me about my plans for his first birthday in November and it blows my mind just thinking about it. It's all just going way too fast. I'm so grateful I get to stay at home with him and see him develop each and every day.



1 comment:

  1. I always LOVE your updates! That is so fun that your whole family got to be together and that Keith was able to get some time off for you to visit Utah. I love hearing about your little man and I just think he is the cutest thing! (and looking more and more like YOU too!) Love you Brookie!

    ReplyDelete