Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Playroom is Done!

Life has been a little crazy lately. Keith has had so much going on at work the past few weeks and has been working 12 hour days. It makes for a long day for all of us but it was really nice to have a 3 day weekend and just spend time together. We got so much done around the house. We have been working on the playroom in our house and it turned out great! (Thank you pinterest!) Keith managed to find great deals at garage sales or craigslist on the bookshelf, toy bins, and time out bench. He spray painted it all to match and it looks great! I found my play wall decorating idea on pinterest and it actually turned out super cute. We painted the picture frames and hot glued closepins to them to hang up pictures. 




Carter has been a huge handful lately. He's getting into everything and growing like crazy. I took him into his 9 month appointment last week and he's a healthy happy boy! He's absolutely fearless and has given me a couple of scares already. Today he fell and bit his tongue on the way down and I was freaking out. I called Keith and he told me that this is what I have to look forward to with a boy. 

He's been getting so smart lately. The other day he crawled over by the front door and I saw him bring his hand up to his mouth. I knew he was trying to eat something he wasn't suppose to so I start walking over there and he looks up at me and starts waving and saying "bye bye bye bye." Yeah...that's never a good sign! But I had my first little conversation with him the other day. He was sitting in his high chair watching me do the dishes and Keith left the room for a minute. He says "dadadada." So I asked him, "Where's dad?" He waves and says, "bye bye." So I asked him, "Did he leave?" and he shakes his head no. He cracks me up. I love him so much. I can't believe how fast it goes. I feel like just yesterday I brought him home from the hospital and now he's almost 10 months old. I'm excited to dress him up for his first Halloween and celebrate his first birthday!


1 comment:

  1. Cute play room! I wish we had a little room/area specifically for toys cuz Easton's are out of hand. Those darn grandparents spoil too much. Haha

    ReplyDelete